19 March 2010

Ocean Eyes

"Painted skies.

I've seen so many that cannot compare,
To your ocean eyes.
The pictures you took
That cover your room,
And it was just like the sun
But more like the moon.
A light that can reach it all.
So now I'm branded for taking the fall."

Mae "The Sun and The Moon"


I'm getting ready for my trip to HCH this year which means a few things:


I'm stocking up on protein bars and shakes,


I'm praying hard for the kiddos over there,


And I'm sending letters and emails like crazy trying to lead a team and raise support.


Sometimes it's exhausting trying to study for school and get ready for an emotionally intensive trip to a foreign country. But one look at the precious, ocean eyes from last year's trip is enough to remind me that it is worth it. That God calls us to care for orphans. That He loves us just like He wants us to love them. Does God really look into my eyes and see precious, ocean eyes?


Wow.


I know He'll show us amazing things this year. I know He'll move in awesome ways. Because our God is huge and wonderful and beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment