13 September 2011

Defying the laws of physics :)

The chaotic mess below was me "mostly packed" yesterday.  The pink bag was full of toothbrushes, toothpaste, crayons, candy, paper, and fun stuff for the kids at the orphanage.

The Blue bag covered in clothes had all of my clothes (scrubs, a few skirts and shirts) and snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, beef jerky) for the trip.

I thought I was packed.



THEN I met up with someone from school who gave me 3 boxes of donated supplies to take with me to the  hospital in Zambia.

Awesome...


...Until I had to make room in my bags for the contents of the boxes...

...which is when it was time to defy the laws of physics and make room for supplies.


Two of the boxes were bigger than my suitcases.  I had to make room for all of the new stuff PLUS the already donated soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and crayons.

I might loose sleep if I had to leave some crayons at home.

Because you can't deny a precious little orphan child crayons.


So I packed.  And I stragegized.  And I danced around my room a little bit to some music.  Because that's what I do when I'm stressed.

And the end result was this:


Empty boxes...that's good! 




I really like that I was able to be color coordinated with all the IV catheters!


And I'm thankful that there was foam, because I was getting close to my 50 lb weight limit.  I made room for all the donated supplies!



Now I just need to find room for my clothes... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment