03 November 2011

The day we all dressed up our faces for Halloween!


Monday

Julia was all bright and perky this morning.  I was grumpy which I blame on getting woken up by the tortured donkey this morning and sleeping in a regular bed again.

She brought me coffee before she left for school which put me back in a better mood.  I wasn’t sure what to wear, so I decided I’d go to the bathroom and put off my clothing decision making.

I ran into Stephanie in the bathroom who was painting her face in the mirror.  She was dressed in a black tank top, orange undershirt, and green and orange skirt.  Very appropriate for Halloween!

Why didn’t I think about packing a Halloween outfit a month and a half ago when I was packing?

She told me I could wear her Saints Jersey for the day, which made me happy.  Then she painted my face and put gold glitter on it, which made me even happier.

I looked a bit silly in my oversized Jersey and skirt.  I’m not sure the NFL designed their jerseys to be worn with huge skirts.

……………………………………………………………….

Being 2 paragraphs away from completing my master’s project, I was looking for a way to put it off again, which was perfect because Stephanie was looking for an art assistant!

She had a lofty goal: paint all 200 faces at JBFC School for Halloween!

And hand each kid a piece of candy.

We painted half a million butterflies.  And a handful of stars and hearts (or “love” as they call the shape) and flowers.

The kids LOVED it!

We took lots of pictures:











……………………………………………………………………

For dinner tonight, we decided to make pizza.  Our cookbook, the Joy of Cooking, had a good recipe for pizza crust.

Unfortunately, we’re out of yeast, and didn’t have an hour to wait, so we returned to our old favorite: tortilla crust!

We made 3 portions and rolled them out twice as thick as a tortilla.  Then we cooked it for about 13 minutes.  Then we added Julia’s homemade tomato sauce, then freshly grated cheese.

Cook for another 10 minutes….and Perfection!!  To make the meal worthy of Halloween, we tried to add our onion and garlic topping in the shape of a bat.  Ryan would be so proud!

The internet didn’t work, so I couldn’t call my dad and wish him a Happy Birthday :( Big bummer.  So, happy belated birthday Dad!!

I also couldn’t send in my now-completed rough draft of my master’s project.  Less sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment