24 October 2014

The day I jumped the antipoles!

Historically, October has been a great month for me when it comes to jumping off of dangerous things.

Exactly 3 years ago I was on the other side of the earth, jumping dangerously close to my death.  Literally, very close.




Here's a picture of where I jumped in.  If you look really close in the background, you can see some other fools jumping in. Its called Devil's Pool.  Its on the side of Victoria Falls (only in the Dry Season), in Zambia, one of the 7 wonders of the world.  I mean, there was a tour guide we paid 50 dollars assuring me it was safe.  But logically, it was not. 





Then, 3 years later I was on the EXACT other side of the world jumping into another pool.  Well, a bath.  The Queen's Bath to be exact.  







And when I say EXACT other side of the world, I do mean exact.  

Be forewarned-I'm about to get pretty nerdy here:

Hawaii is the only state in the United States that sits directly opposite of land if you're looking at the earth as a sphere.  Think North Pole being exactly opposite of the South Pole. That's an antipole.

(if you need more clarification, this is the best explaination I could find https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/antipoles-other-side-world/id507963431?mt=8 )

The Antipole of Hawaii sits on the corner of Nambia and Botswana, in southern Africa.  Victoria Falls sits on the border of Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.  That's pretty close to the antipole.

Boom. You just got some geography lessons mixed in with fun facts.  Gotta love it.

Tune in Next week for the latest blog I've been working on: The day we made Halloween fun.  Complete with costumes and decor! You won't want to miss that blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment