02 May 2009

Clockwatching

"Let’s keep talking, anything to stop clock watching
Lately we’re running out of time.
Aren’t we crazy for running all the time? M-M-M-M-Maybe
Let’s forget we’re running out of time

I’m off like an aeroplane
I’m licking your postage stamp again
I’m using my right brain and I’m praying that we don’t crash
Who knew I’d come so fast?"
Jason Mraz, "Clockwatching"

Wow. Less than 10 days till I leave. Who knew it would come so fast?!

This song reminds me of my life right now! "Aren't we crazy for running all the time?" Maybe! Between work, trips to Dallas looking for an apartment, trips to College Station, volunteering at a triathalon, and photographing weddings, I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to pack...or sleep for that matter! Less than 10 days till I leave for Africa...then I start school the day after I get back!!

Time has flown by. I put in my two weeks notice at work the other day. I've been a lifeguard (and now management) for 6 years, and this is the first time I have ever put in a two weeks notice. I'll miss my summer job!

Pretty soon I'll be "off like an aeroplane" to a far far away place...I'm looking forward to all God is going to do in Africa.

Please pray for God's glory to be shown, our safety on the trip, and my sanity.

I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment